Thursday, November 14, 2019

Venture Concept 1


So far this semester I have worked on an app for golfers. This app is called Green Reader. It reads the greens from where your ball is on the green to the hole and gives a line of best fit. It is for use on a smart phone and it is very accessible. It accesses the camera on the device and uses that to make the read on the green. The possible customers of this app are golfer who want to improve putting without putting in the time and effort of practicing because they either do not have the time or frankly do not want to. Reading greens and putting is one of the hardest things in golf to do and my app is there to help that. Currently golfers have an option of taking lessons on putting or hiring caddies, but those two options have an expensive price point and the average golfer does not want to spend that type of money to improve putting on the golf course. I see my idea as a big opportunity, and it appeals to all levels of golf and all levels of economic classes. For as long as golf is relevant this app has an opportunity to be around and to continue to help improve golfers. My app would be a paid for app costing no more than a monthly subscription of no more than ten dollars a month. It would include advertisement as another way of revenue to help improve the quality of the app of local golf courses and eateries at locations of which you are playing as well as tee time reservation apps and websites such as Supreme Golf and Golf Now. I think customers would use this product to improve their game at a price point that works for them. Improving at the game will allow it to become more enjoyable and in turn hopefully they would play that much more. Also, the app will be very easy to use allowing any age to be able to use it. The ease of access of the app will be my “secret sauce”. If the app is simple and does what it needs to and get to this market first and making the app do what it needs to will be a huge advantage to an untouched market. The great thing about the application is that it is make it, put it out there and forget about it. All that would need to happen is to have a person or two on hand to fix possible bugs with the app and to bring on advertisers. I won’t have to make it better and it will last for years to come. With this I would want to be able to expand in the next five years and get into different golf product investments. I think what I have now is a good starting point to make an initial income, but I believe that this app would create enough cash flow for different investments to be possible.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Andrew! I like how you used previous assignments in this concept! I also like how you said you will ease the access of the app and make it simple for the golfers. That will make it easy for them while they are golfing so that they are not stuck at that hole for a while.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Andrew,
    I think you have a very good understanding of your business concept and your potential market. I think having app users pay a monthly subscription is a great way to create revenue for your business, but I think $10 a month might be too expensive for customers. Unless someone golfs multiple times a week, I am not sure if they would think $10 a month is worth it to them.

    ReplyDelete