Thursday, September 12, 2019

Forming an Opportunity

An unmeet need i see everyday especially working at a golf course is reading the slopes of greens. Average golfers have such a difficult time to tell how much your golf ball will break when you putt it. People today just have to practice and practice putting to see how much slope affects their golf ball and it has been that way since the invention of golf. A solution I can think of would be an app on your smart phone that accesses the camera you put it facing the hole on your ball marker and it reads the slope of the green from your ball marker to the hole to give you a better opportunity of putting the ball on the correct line to make the putt. I would say there is about a 50% chance that this opportunity exist within the average golfers world.


Interview 1
How long have you played golf?
17 years ever since I was a kid.
Is putting the hardest aspect of the game?
Yes along with chipping around the greens.
Do you read the putt before you putt or just get up there and hit it and move on?
I read it. It takes me a minute or two but it gives me the best shot at making the putt.
Do you practice putting?
Yes. Every time i go to the driving range during the week i try and make 30 putts in a row and also I warm up before a round with hitting putts as well.
Would you use an aid that read the putt for you?
Yes it would speed up my play and the play of others and hopefully lower my scores.

Interview 2
How long have you played golf?
I'm just getting into it this is only about my sixth month playing.
Is putting the hardest aspect of the game?
Hitting the ball straight. Whether that's driving, irons or putts and chips.
Do you read the putt before you putt or just get up there and hit it and move on?
I just hit it and move on. It takes me so long to get it up on the green i'm ready just to go to the next hole.
Do you practice putting?
Sometimes it just depends on the time i have.
Would you use an aid that read the putt for you?
Probably it would give me an idea on how much the greens move.

Interview 3
How long have you played golf?
60 years
Is putting the hardest aspect of the game?
It was when I was just getting started in the game but now with my age and body its distance.
Do you read the putt before you putt or just get up there and hit it and move on?
I take a quick look but its hard to bend down to see how the green looks.
Do you practice putting?
Only before I go out and play. I play three times a week at the same course so i feel like i know the greens here pretty well.
Would you use an aid that read the putt for you?
I don't see why not. At this point anything that would help me i would give it a try.


After interviewing these three people i believe that this opportunity exist even more now. Everyone seemed very interested in this idea and now i'd probably give this a 75% chance.   

1 comment:

  1. Hey Andrew!
    I think this app would be very cool and very helpful considering when at the driving range everyone wants to know exactly how far they hit their golf ball. Any golfer would use this app in my opinion. Its a great opportunity to see how well they are playing.
    Great work!

    ReplyDelete