Thursday, September 12, 2019

My Entrepreneurship Story

After my mom and step-dad got married in 2006 they started an appliance installation company in Sarasota Florida. Throughout their time of business they had worked with Home Depot, Lowes, Best Buy and Sears. What the appliance retail stores would do was sell the appliances then contact my parents company for delivery and install. Sarasota being a wealthier county in Florida it was constantly developing so with new construction obviously brought new appliances therefore more business. During their time running this company my mom scheduled the routes while my step dad did the appliance installations himself. They developed their knowledge of how to do these things by working for a big appliance installer company and then decided they could do it themselves so they did. They ran this company really successfully for around five years before moving our entire family to Texas for a year.


Image result for appliance installation






Seeing my parents run a business really inspired me to take this class. Also I had to take this class for my major so two birds with one stones is nice. I hope i get some inspiration from this class to maybe become an entrepreneur one day in the future.

3 comments:

  1. Hey Andrew, I really like your Entrepreneurship story. Having family with their own business is a great way to learn about running a business and entrepreneurship in general. In addition, being in a market like Sarasota is great place to experience a company growing in an large population growth area. An appliance installer is a great business in an area with a large amount of new construction going on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Andrew! Like Matt said, having a family with their own business is a great way to start learning about the business side of everything. My mom owned her own business at one point and I learned a lot from her. Sarasota is a great place to do have an appliance company because of everyone moving in that area!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your parents entrepreneurship story is much like my parents. After moving down to Florida, my dad got his electricians license and started his electrical company, with my mom doing the scheduling and supply getting and him and my uncle doing the wiring. They have been successful for over 20 years now and have earned a reputation of being top of the line, which lets them charge higher than others and be justified in doing it.

    ReplyDelete