Friday, September 20, 2019

Testing the Hypothesis

With currently working at a golf course currently,playing the game of golf, and having been working with the game of golf for the past 2.5 years i have seen and heard many things regarding the readings of greens to help with putting for amateur golfers. I see an opportunity for an application on the phone for golfers to use to help them read green just by using an app on their smart phone. It would be like a golf caddy in their pocket to help read greens and show them a line for their putts. Amateur golfers might like something like this to get the guessing out of one aspect of there game. While at work one day i had conversations with some of the people i see everyday coming into my golf course to play about having something like my idea. A majority of these golfers seemed to be highly interested in this idea and were asking me questions by the end of it. I asked these golfers if they would use this application, if they thought it was a good addition to the game of golf, have you heard of something like this, and do you think it would help them improve not only scores but how to read the green. All of the questions got positive feedback except if it was a good addition to the game. Some of the golfers thought that the app would initiate slow play. With that being a subject of discussion especially recently in the golf world I definitely have to take that into account to try and figure out a way slow play is taken into question with this.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Andrew! I like how you came up with an opportunity that I haven't yet heard about. I think it could be a good asset to the game. I agree when the golfers said that it could slow down play. Also I feel like the caddies would think they aren't useful to the golfers anymore. Good post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. With the rise of cellphones that have augmented reality capabilites, I do not think that the AR putt guide app isnt out of reach but I think you are looking at a small scope. The same app could be made to utilize gps and other tech to offer the services of a pocket caddy. Users could do a virtual driving session at a place that has a VR range like Dicks does, and the app could offer advice for what club to use and how to hit for optimal results. This would however take the skill and what makes golf fun, out of golf, in my opinion.

    ReplyDelete