Thursday, October 3, 2019

Idea Napkin

My name is Andrew Mills and I've been an avid golfer now for about the last 5 years. I have worked at different golf stores and golf courses over the past 3 years. This has helped grow my knowledge and love for the game of golf. My aspirations are to join some type of golf company and be on the business side of the company. If I were to start this venture i don't think it would be a permanent role once it would be set up. My idea for it is to make it self sustainable with only using your smartphone camera once the initial tech is in place the only thing for the company would be selling adverts and advertising the application.

My product is an application on someones smartphone that reads the putting green for them while also giving the consumer a line of best fit for the putt itself. It uses the back camera on the phone. Also on the app i would try and get other golf companies to advertise on the app with banner ads for websites such as supreme golf or golf now which are tee time reservation apps.

This company was made with the average golfer in mind. Average golfers usually lose the most scores during short game aspects of his/her game. With this app it would give these golfers an opportunity to lower their scores in a place where it does usually add up.

Golf is an expensive game but to have an app helping you while out on the course beats paying for putting lessons where it would cost 30-100 dollars an hour. Also a lot of people don't want to practice or don't have the time to practice and when they do have the time they would more than likely want to go play a round than practice.

What sets us apart is the mobile access that would be comparative to a caddy available on any golf course. It would be easy to use and available to anyone.

3 comments:

  1. Andrew, I agree that the golf is an expensive game and there are several apps for tracking golf stats now. If you are looking to create a caddy like service, would it be worthwhile to have a physical component to the application like a drone that can track golf balls in flight. I think that this would help the place of play.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Andrew!
    I love your admiration for the sport of golf and I think it will be very helpful for your napkin idea. If I was a major golf player, I would definitely use this app. I think it is a great idea, especially for professionals.
    Great work.

    Kylie Curtis

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Andrew,
    I think that another way that you could make money from your app would be partnering with golf related businesses like you mentioned and had an affiliate program where you could offer slight discounts at those companies and you could earn money based on the percent of the sale via linked from the app or a code that they track. I think this is a feasible idea as a whole due to the rise in AR capabilities on smartphones, however I do believe it is still too much of an underdeveloped technology to be really successful.

    ReplyDelete